This cupcake always been my fave… with a light and moist texture. I’m copied the recipe from book: Gorgeous Cupcakes by Anna Chan
The original recipe is a chocolate chiffon cupcakes, but i change a bit to vanilla flavour.
1 tsp double acting baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda (I skip this)
180g caster sugar
70ml vegetable oil
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cream of tar tar (I skip this too :))
- preheat oven to 180C. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. add sugar, whisk well.
- combine yolk, milk, oil and essence. ad to flour mixture. whisk well.
- whip egg white in mixer on low speed till foamy. then use high speed for about 3 minutes till very stiff.
- fold egg whites to egg yolk mixture till just incorporated. break up nig clumps of egg white to prevent air pocket in the cupcakes.
- fill paper cases till 3/4 full bake for 15 minutes or till a toothpick in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
tips: the cake mixture must be baked immediately or it will deflate ad resulting cupcakes may have a dense sticky layer at the bottom.